Daily Magick

living the magickal life

Purification Bath Spell

Spring is in full force now in my area. Since we're now on the waning side of the lunar cycle, it's time for a clearing spell. Basically what I need to do is clear away some of the debris - mental, emotional, physical - that has been slowing me down. It is next to impossible to move forward when you're being weighed down with so much baggage.

The first step of the spell is a thorough cleaning of the house. I've actually been doing this for a while, culminating today when I take a big bag of stuff to Goodwill (not the Salvation Army). It's amazing what a relief that simple act can bring. But I'm also a witch, which of course means magickal action in addition to mundane.

The Very Best Of EnyaThis is a bath spell, which is something I don't do often. Obviously, washing yourself is a good symbol for purification of all types. What I'm doing this evening is filling up my tub with nice hot water. Into the tub goes a massive quartz crystal and some bath salts made by Smith & Vandiver. I'm using the "Refresh" bath salts, which I don't think they make any more. I've had them forever and it's high time I used them. In addition I will have on hand a white tea candle for purification. When you're a klutz like me, a tea candle is best in the tub to avoid setting the bathroom on fire. Some nice music playing finishes off the "ingredients." I prefer a mix of Enya songs for their ethereal ambiance.

Run the quartz crystal under warm water before you put it in the tub. You don't want to take a cold crystal and drop it into hot water; it could crack or shatter. Slicing your foot on broken crystal is not conducive to magick.

This is a mental magick sort of spell, really. Basically just slip into the water, light the candle, and let the elements do their thing. You've got them all: earth (salt and crystal), air (music), fire (candle), and water (bath). Visualizing your "baggage" dissolving into the water really helps. If you want to linger in the tub, empty it completely, imagining the detritus going down that drain, and then refill. Doing this cycle three times adds a little numeralogical magick to the mix.

Oh, and before you close the bathroom door, make sure you have something with which to light your candle. You don't want to get all comfortable in the bathtub and then have to run naked and shivering back out the door to get some matches. This is also not conducive to the magick. Trust me.

0 comments:

Post a Comment