Daily Magick

living the magickal life

Woman of Power Spell

It's full moon time, people! Tonight I'm gonna get my witch on with a power spell. My goal for this spell is to become a more powerful woman and witch in every way. You know how there are those people who seem charmed, enchanted? When one of these people says something will happen, you know that it simply will. That's who I want to be.

For this spell I chose a special ring as a symbol of my power. It is actually the same ring I used for a fairly similar working back at around New Year's. Remember the blue moon that happened right around that time? I empowered this ring to be a tool to bring more magick into my life. Although it took a few months to manifest, it's obviously working now that I'm doing some kind of spell every single day! My hope is to extend that enchantment by not just bringing magick, but bringing forth my own personal power. In other words: I have magick, now I just want to be better at it.

I have a special candle for this spell, placed in a pentacle candle holder. It's another one of those Reiki energy charged candles from the Crystal Journey Candle Company. It's the same brand I used for the Motivation Spell and that worked wonderfully! The one I am using is called Power. I have the votive size and it smells wonderful, just like every other candle from this company. In fact, I'd buy it just for the scent: musk, clove, and patchouli. They should make this scent into an aftershave. It'd be much more appealing than that "Axe" crap.

Anyway, once the sun sets I will be ready to begin. For this spell I won't just light the Power candle, but also one I have dedicated to the Goddess Brigid and the big one I light for important rituals. Then on the altar I'll place the special ring and the High Priestess card from the Legacy of the Divine Tarot. This is a beautiful deck and probably my all-time favorite. You can see a "living" version of it here. Take a look and you will see why I am choosing it for this spell. The High Priestess embodies a quiet but undeniable power. I'm not looking to rule the world. I'm just looking to rule my world.

I want to see where the energy takes me, so I'm not overplanning. I like spontaneity. I will begin by lighting the candles and saying a general blessing or prayer to the Goddess and God. Then I will state my intention and meditate on the card. This specific card has rich symbolism, and I suspect I will find myself exploring that. I may end up chanting whatever words of power come into my head, in this case probably something like, "I am power."

I realize this spell is, at least in part, also a recognition and celebration of the power I already have. I'll let you know how it goes.

0 comments:

Post a Comment